Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Week 11- Money & Family

Money
1 - My attitude towards money can be best summed up by Mark Cuban when he was asked what advice he had for the potential power ball lottery winner last year, ““If you weren't happy yesterday, you won't be happy tomorrow. It's money. It's not happiness. If you were happy yesterday, you are going to be a lot happier tomorrow. It's money. Life gets easier when you don't have to worry about the bills.” I love that so much and I completely agree! Having money is great, but it is not what makes you happy. Happiness comes from within you and other choices/decisions in your life, not from money.


2 – My view on money will undoubtedly affect the way I live. Money is not the most important thing to me, therefore I place some emphasis on it, but not all of my time and efforts go there. I believe there are more important things and I will live for those things.
3 – The rules recommended for prospering are interesting to me because they are continually putting the Lord first. The emphasis there is to think of God first and then others, before thinking of yourself. I also like how it says to “think about money and plan how you can become self-reliant”. I believe it is a cultural problem that people often put no effort into their finances and just kind of float along. They are never trying to get ahead or improve their situation and that is dangerous.

Family
The videos and readings this week had me thinking a lot about my family. Currently, in my family life, I am the main driver of the home front and my husband is the main driver of the work and money-earning portion. We are a great team and generally are able to get things done.
     But I often feel torn between my little business and my family responsibilities and these case studies and responding to classmates on the discussion board had me thinking a lot more about how to manage all those things. I have learned throughout the class that outside help is often required to make all the ends meet. And I have seen that in use time and again. It has been a helpful perspective and lesson for me as this is something I struggle with.
     Right now, I have the luxury of putting my family first, no matter what. But if my business were to ever grow or my husband and I’s roles needed to change, because my children/family are my first priority I would make sure that I had all the bases covered for their care and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment